Custodian/Cleaning Request for Proposal
September 7, 2022
Teton School District 401
The RFP is for the 2022-2023 school year, to be reviewed by the school district administration and school district maintenance supervisor, to determine how the job performance meets expectations. To submit your RFP: by mail: Teton School District 401, Attn: Custodian RFP, Driggs, ID 83422. Or drop off at the Teton School District office, at 481 North Main Street, Driggs, ID 83422, with Diane Temple or Monte Woolstenhulme. (Please provide/send your bid in a sealed envelope. It will be opened and read aloud at the October 10 board meeting.) The bidding due date timeline has been extended and due on October 10, 4 pm.
Need: Custodian/Cleaning Request for Proposal to clean schools as directed by the school district administration and school district maintenance supervisor. Cleaning areas and procedures will be determined by the administration and maintenance supervisor, with the following Custodian Job Description work expectations:
Custodian (pg. 66): https://tsd401.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Job-Descriptions-TSD401-2018.pdf
CUSTODIAN JOB TITLE: CUSTODIAN REPORTS TO AND EVALUATED BY: BUILDING
ADMINISTRATOR AND MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR:
Principal (1) and Maintenance Supervisor
(2) QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community. Be in good physical condition. Have the ability to make minor repairs.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools and climbs on to ladders. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds such as cleaning supplies, pails and unloading trucks. Occasionally the employee will lift and/or move up to 90 pounds such as salt and bulk furniture. The employee will sometimes push/pull items such as tables, bleachers, scrubbing machines. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors and will occasionally work outdoors. The employee will work near or with moving mechanical equipment the employee may work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreasers, and sprays while performing the duties of this job.
1. Cleans and preserves designated spaces, equipment etc. in the building, including scrubbing and disinfecting restrooms and locker rooms on a daily basis.
2. Assists in maintaining seasonal ground work as assigned (snow, lawn, landscaping).
3. Regulates heat and ventilation to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to insure economical usage of fuel, water and electricity.
4. Maintains building and grounds security in the building every day.
5. Makes minor building repairs; reports major repairs promptly to the Building Administrator.
6. Immediately reports any unsafe situation or damage to school property to the principal.
7. is familiar with MSDS and asbestos abatement documents.
8. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the building administrator or Maintenance Supervisor.